PROCESSING CENTER Hours:
The Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) Processing Center is open to the public Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 am – 1 pm, and Wednesday, 9 am - 3:30 pm (except holidays).
The HRLA Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:15 am - 4:45 pm (except holidays).
DC HEALTH has become aware of a PHISHING PHONE SCAM
FBI Warns Individuals Employed in the Health Care Industry
Please review Important Notices regarding
Important Notice regarding Paper Applications (select link):
DC Health No Longer Accepting Paper Applications (Beginning June 14, 2021)
ONLINE LICENSING APPLICATIONS
(See link below.)
The District of Columbia Department of Health, Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is excited to announce the opening of our new online licensing system. Effective immediately, any healthcare provider who is interested in applying for a new health professional license, or to renew, reinstate, or reactivate an existing license, may do so by going to the below link and submitting an online application. All users are strongly encouraged to review the instructions prior to beginning the process.
Authorization to discuss details with a Third party:
Authorization to Release Information Form
COVID-19 Guidances and Best Practices
For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, including information on best practices and recommended guidelines, go to coronavirus.dc.gov.
Select link for Phase Two of Washington DC Reopening (Mayor's Order 2020-075): Phase Two of Washington DC Reopening
Due to ongoing efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19, effective immediately, the Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is implementing a 100% telework policy and will be available for mail services only.
Please submit supplemental application documents to: DC Board of Dentistry, 899 North Capitol Street, NE, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20002 or to [email protected]
If you require assistance from the Board of Dentistry, please contact [email protected].
The DC Board of Dentistry regulates the practice of dentistry and dental hygiene in the District. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates qualifications, administers exams, and recommends standards and procedures. Moreover, the Board issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues an annual report.
The Board consists of seven DC residents appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the council: five licensed dentists, one licensed dental hygienist, and one consumer professional. Members must have been in practice for at least three years preceding the appointment and file personal financial disclosure statements. The consumer must be at least 18 years old, the consumer doesn't have to be a health professional or in training to become one, and may have no household member involved directly or indirectly in providing health care. The Mayor appoints the chairperson. Licenses expire on December 31 of the odd year.
HYBRID MEETING NOTICE
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board will have a hybrid schedule of in-person and virtual meetings. In-person meetings will be held at 899 North Capitol Street, NE 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20002. Information on how to access the public portion of the meeting virtually will be listed on the posted Open Session Meeting Agenda.
The Board meeting dates:
• October 19, 2022 (In-person and Virtual)
• November 16, 2022
• December 21, 2022 (MEETING CANCELED)
• January 18, 2023 (In-person and Virtual)
• February 15, 2023
• March 15, 2023
• April 19, 2023 (In-person and Virtual)
• May 17, 2023
• June 21, 2023
• July 19, 2023
• August 2023 (Recess-No meeting)
• September 20, 2023 (In-person and Virtual)
- Dentistry Application Documents
- Dental Assistants Application Documents
- Criminal Background Check
- Health Occupations Revision Act (HORA) [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dentistry [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dental Hygienists [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dentist and Dental Facility Certification to Administer Sedation or General Anesthesia [PDF]
- District of Columbia Municipal Regulations for Teaching Licenses for Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dental Assistants [PDF]
- Policy Statement on Identifying Public Health Issues for Continuing Education
- DC Dental Society
- American Association of Dental Boards
- American Association of Dental Administrators
- American Dental Association
- Reporting a Name or Address Change
- Search for a Dentist
- Request Verification of a License
- File a Complaint [PDF]
- Open Session Agenda
- Open Session Minutes
- Demonstration Volunteer Policy