NOTICE OF DELIVERY SERVICE DELAYS
DC Health is experiencing delays in mail availability due to the impact of COVID-19 on the US postal service.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to process all mail in as timely a manner as possible.
COVID-19 Guidances and Best Practices
For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, including information on best practices, licensure waivers, and recommended guidelines, go to coronavirus.dc.gov.
Select link for Phase Two of Washington DC Reopening (Mayor's Order 2020-075): Phase Two of Washington DC Reopening
Due to ongoing efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19, effective immediately, the Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is implementing a 100% telework policy and will be available for mail services only.
DC Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) Processing Center will be open to the public by appointment only on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. The online appointment scheduler is http://appts.dcvsims.com.
- Masks are required. Customers must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth before entering the building.
- Only the appointment holder and one additional guest will be allowed into the Processing Center.
- Appointment holders will be given a 15 minute grace period. If you arrive after the grace period, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment in consideration of other scheduled customers.
- If you cannot select highlighted days on the calendar, all appointments have been booked for this month. Please check the next month.
- If the calendar does not advance to the next month, there are no future appointments available at this time. Please check back later.
All HRLA related applications should be mailed to one of the lockboxes listed here. Individuals may also call the Processing Center at 1 (877) 672-2174 to get an update on their pending applications.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all Health Professional Board meetings are currently held virtually. Please check each board's respective website for information on when the next meeting will take place. If you are already in contact with a Health Licensing Specialist (HLS), please forward any documents to said HLS via email.
If you require assistance from the Board of Dentistry, please contact [email protected].
The DC Board of Dentistry regulates the practice of dentistry and dental hygiene in the District. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates qualifications, administers exams, and recommends standards and procedures. Moreover, the Board issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues an annual report.
The Board consists of seven DC residents appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the council: five licensed dentists, one licensed dental hygienist, and one consumer professional. Members must have been in practice for at least three years preceding appointment and file personal financial disclosure statements. The consumer member must be at least 18 years old, the consumer doesn't have to be a health professional, or in training to become one, and may have no household member who is involved directly or indirectly in providing health care. The Mayor appoints the chairperson. Licenses expire on December 31 of odd years.
In 2021, the Board plans to meet on the following dates:
- January 27, 2021
- February 17, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- April 21, 2021
- May 19, 2021
- June 16, 2021
- July 21, 2021
- September 15, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- Dentistry Application Package
- Dental Assistants Application Package
- Reinstatement: To reinstate your expired license, please call the Board of Dentistry at (202) 724-8872.
- Criminal Background Check
- Health Occupations Revision Act (HORA) [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dentistry [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dental Hygienists [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dentist and Dental Facility Certification to Administer Sedation or General Anesthesia [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dental Assistants [PDF]
- Policy Statement on Identifying Public Health Issues for Continuing Education
- DC Dental Society
- American Association of Dental Boards
- American Association of Dental Administrators
- American Dental Association
- Meeting Calendar and Agenda
- Reporting a Name or Address Change
- Search for a Dentist
- Request Verification of a License
- File a Complaint [PDF]
- Open Session Minutes
- Demonstration Volunteer Policy