The Immunization Division, in the Health Care Access Bureau, aims to reduce the spread of vaccine-preventable diseases among residents, visitors, and those working or doing business in the District. We do this by helping healthcare providers obtain vaccines and keeping track of vaccinations given with the District’s Immunization Information System (DOCIIS).
Click on the image below to view the September calendar for Pediatric Vax Locations.
Find out more about school vaccination requirements here.
Find out more about the recommended childhood vaccination schedule here.
Resources for residents and visitors of the District:
- Visit Pediatric Immunization Community Facilities to find a location to get your child vaccinated.
- Visit Adult Immunization Facilities to find a location where adults who are uninsured or underinsured may be vaccinated.
- Visit Digital Vaccine Record (DVR) to securely access your official COVID-19 vaccination record(s).
Programs and resources for healthcare providers:
- The Vaccines for Children Program provides qualifying healthcare practices with free vaccines for persons under the age of 19 who are eligible for Medicaid, uninsured, or underinsured. The VFC Program oversees providers’ vaccine management and promotes high vaccine coverage through quality improvement activities to ensure safe and effective vaccine administration to patients. Click here for information on how to enroll in VFC.
- The District of Columbia Immunization Information System (DOCIIS) is a population health tool that captures immunization data through health information exchange. Click here for information to access DOCIIS or report immunization data from your facility.
Resources for schools, licensed child development centers, and parents or guardians of students:
- Children must be vaccinated to attend school or licensed child development centers in the District of Columbia. Information regarding the schedule of required vaccinations, how schools and licensed child development centers assess compliance with this requirement, and compliance rates by school is available here.