Welcome to DC Health’s
Criminal Background Check (CBC) Program
Fingerprinting is Now Available
Paid and Scheduled but never fingerprinted? Select here.
For applicants located abroad, click here for instructions on how to register and submit fingerprints for processing a criminal background check. For all other applicants, follow the instructions below.
If you have NOT PAID for fingerprinting yet, please follow these instructions to schedule an appointment:
1. Start by going to the DC Health CBC Payment Portal. Select this link https://doh.force.com/payment/s/
2. Once you make a payment:
- You will receive an email receipt with a Fieldprint Code (please note your appropriate code). The Fieldprint Code will also appear on your payment confirmation page.
- You will be redirected to the Fieldprint scheduling website.
3. At the Fieldprint scheduling website, under “New Users/Sign Up”, enter an email address and select the “Sign Up” button. Follow the instructions for creating a Password and Security Question and then select “Sign Up and Continue”.
4. Enter the contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at your preferred location.
5. At the end of the process, print the Confirmation Page. Take the Confirmation Page and two forms of identification with you to your fingerprint appointment.
6. If you have any questions or problems, you may contact our customer service team at 877-614-4364 or [email protected].
The criminal background check requirements for health care licensing and long term care unlicensed personnel employment are based on the following laws and regulations:
Long Term Care Employment of Unlicensed Persons
Health-Care Facility Unlicensed Personnel Criminal Background Check Act of 1998, effective April 20, 1999, as amended by the Health-Care Facility Unlicensed Personnel Criminal Background Check Amendment Act of 2002, effective April 13, 2002, (D.C. Laws 12-238 and 14-98), D.C. Official Code § 44- 551 et seq.