Emergency preparedness requires attention not just to specific types of hazards, but also to steps that increase preparedness for any type of hazard. The Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Administration provides a variety of services to help you prepare for a wide variety of hazards, both natural and man-made.
The information in this section comes from a wide variety of sources, including:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- District of Columbia Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Department of Defense
- US Federal Emergency Management Agency
- US Food and Drug Administration