To request a paper verification, please complete the Verification of Licensure Form and submit it to the address listed, along with the verification fee of $34.00. Please note, due to the increased demand for paper verifications, the process for delivering paper verifications can take up to six (6) weeks.
- RN and LPN licensure verifications: Verifications to go to any board of nursing within the United States must be completed electronically via www.Nursys.com See below.
- APRN licensure verifications: To submit a verification of your DC APRN license to any entity (including all U.S. boards of nursing), please submit Verification of Licensure Form and your payment of $34 to the DC Department of Health at the address provided on the form.
- Postgraduate Physician Trainees (PPTs) are not licenses therefore will not be verified as such to any external body. Please contact the program where the licensee was a trainee. PPT requests will be mailed back to physicians and refunded.
Nursys Online Verfications for RN and LPNs
- RN and LPN licensure verifications: To submit a verification of your DC license to a state board of nursing within the United States, please submit your request via Nursys at www.nursys.com (all U.S. boards of nursing only accept RN and LPN verifications via Nursys).
DC Health Online Verifications
- Individuals needing an immediate verification of their license should check the licensure lookup here. The online licensure lookup data is derived directly from the Health Regulation and Licensing Administration's database and is updated on a daily basis, and therefore is considered primary source.