***COVID 19 UPDATES***
COVID-19 Guidances and Best Practices
For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, including information on best practices, licensure waivers, and recommended guidelines, go to coronavirus.dc.gov.
Due to ongoing efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19, effective immediately, the Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is implementing a 100% telework policy and will be available for mail services only.
Walk In Services
UPDATED: The Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) Processing Center will be open to the public by appointment only on Mondays and Wednesdays starting on October 21, 2020, from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. The online appointment scheduler is http://appts.dcvsims.com. Individuals may also call the Processing Center at 1 (877) 672-2174 to get an update on their pending application.In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all Health
Professional Board meetings are currently held virtually. Please check each board's respective website for information on when the next meeting will take place.If you are already in contact with a Health Licensing Specialist (HLS), please
forward any documents to said HLS via email.
Welcome to DC Health’s
Criminal Background Check (CBC) Program
Fingerprinting is Now Available
Paid and Scheduled but never fingerprinted? Select here.
For applicants located abroad, click HERE for instructions on how to register and submit fingerprints for processing a criminal background check. For all other applicants, follow the instructions below.
If you have NOT PAID for fingerprinting yet, please follow these instructions to schedule an appointment:
1. Start by going to the DC Health CBC Payment Portal. Select this link https://doh.force.com/payment/s/
2. Once you make a payment:
- You will receive an email receipt with a Fieldprint Code (please note your appropriate code). The Fieldprint Code will also appear on your payment confirmation page.
- You will be redirected to the Fieldprint scheduling website.
3. At the Fieldprint scheduling website, under “New Users/Sign Up”, enter an email address and select the “Sign Up” button. Follow the instructions for creating a Password and Security Question and then select “Sign Up and Continue”.
4. Enter the contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at your preferred location.
5. At the end of the process, print the Confirmation Page. Take the Confirmation Page and two forms of identification with you to your fingerprint appointment.
6. If you have any questions or problems, you may contact our customer service team at 877-614-4364 or [email protected].
The criminal background check requirements for health care licensing and long term care unlicensed personnel employment are based on the following laws and regulations:
Long Term Care Employment of Unlicensed Persons
Health-Care Facility Unlicensed Personnel Criminal Background Check Act of 1998, effective April 20, 1999, as amended by the Health-Care Facility Unlicensed Personnel Criminal Background Check Amendment Act of 2002, effective April 13, 2002, (D.C. Laws 12-238 and 14-98), D.C. Official Code § 44- 551 et seq.