The District of Columbia Department of Health promotes health, wellness and equity, across the District, and protects the safety of residents, visitors and those doing business in our nation’s Capital.
Our responsibilities include identifying health risks; educating the public; preventing and controlling diseases, injuries and exposure to environmental hazards; promoting effective community collaborations; and optimizing equitable access to community resources.
For information about our director or to learn more about administrations and programs within DOH, select from the links below:
- Director's Biography
- Center for Policy, Planning and Evaluation Administration (CPPE)
- Community Health Administration (CHA)
- Health Emergency Health Preparedness and Response Administration (HEPRA)
- Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA)
- HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Administration (HAHSTA)
- News Room
- Telephone Directory
DC Health Vision
To be the healthiest city in America
DC Health Mission
The District of Columbia Department of Health promotes health, wellness and equity across the District, and protects the safety of residents, visitors and those doing business in our nation’s capital.
DC Health Strategic Priorities
- Promote a culture of health and wellness
- Address the social determinants of health
- Strengthen public-private partnerships
- Close the chasm between clinical medicine and public health
- Implement data driven and outcome oriented approaches to program and policy development