The Board of Podiatry regulates the practice of podiatry in DC. The Board advises the Mayor and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates qualifications, administers exams, and recommends standards and procedures. The Board approves licenses; receives and reviews complaints; requests investigations; conducts hearings, issues subpoenas, examines witnesses, and administers oaths; and issues an annual report. Members file personal financial disclosure statements.
The Mayor appoints the board members, including the chair. The Board consists of three DC residents: two licensed podiatrists and one consumer. The podiatrists must have been engaged in practice for at least three years preceding appointment. The consumer must be at least 18 years old, not be a health professional or in training to become one, and may have no household member who is involved directly or indirectly in providing health care. Licenses expire on March 31 of even years.
- Podiatry Application Package
- Online License Renewal (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- CEU Approval Procedure [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Podiatry [PDF]
- Search for a Health Professional (Licenses Renewed after November 1, 2018)
- Search for a Health Professional (All Other Licenses)
- Criminal Background Check
- Board Open Session Meeting Minutes [PDF]
- Board of Podiatry Calendar and Meeting Schedule