COVID-19 Guidance and Best Practices
For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, including information on best practices, licensure waivers, and recommended guidelines, please go to coronavirus.dc.gov.
Closure of Walk In Services
Due to ongoing efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19, effective immediately the Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is implementing a 100% telework policy, and will be available for mail services only. No walk-ins or appointments are allowed. Please submit all applications and supplemental documents via mail to HRLA 1, PO Box 37802, Washington, DC 20013. If you are already in contact with a Health Licensing Specialist (HLS), please forward any documents to said HLS via email.
If you require assistance from the Board of Long Term Care Administration, please contact Fatima Abby at [email protected].
In response to COVID-19, DC Health has waived all licensure requirements for practitioners who are licensed in good standing in another jurisdiction. You can read more about the waiver process HERE.
Online Licensure Renewal
To renew online, please select this link: https://dohlicenseinfo.secure.force.com/dchealthrenewals/
Board Meetings Cancelled
Additionally, all health professional board meetings are cancelled for the month of March. For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, please go to coronavirus.dc.gov.
The DC Board of Long Term Care Administration regulates the practice of nursing home administration. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates applicants' qualifications and administers exams; recommends standards and procedures; issues licenses; receives and reviews complaints; and requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues subpoenas.
- January 24 ( 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm)
- April 8 (Canceled)
- July 8 (10:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- October 14 (10:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- Nursing Home Administration Application Package
- Online License Renewal (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- Criminal Background Check
- File a Complaint
- Disciplinary Action Taken (to come)
- Request Forms for CEU Approval [PDF]
- List of Approved Continuing Education Courses [PDF]
- Continuing Education Approval Guidelines [PDF]
- Administrator-in-Training Certified Preceptors List [PDF]
- Guidelines/Forms for Administrator-In-Training Program (AIT) [PDF]
Meeting Agenda and Meeting Minutes
Regulations and Additional Information