The DC Board of Dietetics and Nutrition regulates the practice of dietetics and nutrition. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates applicants’ qualifications; recommends standards and procedures; issue licenses; receives and reviews complaints; request investigations, issues subpoena; and conducts hearings.
The Board is appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council. The Board consists of five DC residents; of which four shall be licensed dietitians or licensed nutritionists, and one consumer member who is not a dietitian or nutritionist.
Board of Dietetics and Nutrition 2019 Meeting Dates
- March 12 at 9:00 a.m. (March 5 meeting rescheduled)
- June 11 at 9:00 a.m.
- September 10 at 9:00 a.m.
- December 10 at 9:00 a.m.
Application Package Documents
- Dietetics and Nutrition Application Package
- Dietetics and Nutrition Online Renewal
- Criminal Background Check
- Request for Official License Verification
- Reporting a Name and/or Address Change
- CEU Requirements for Dietitians and Nutritionists
- File a Complaint
- Disciplinary Action Taken (to come)
Board Information and Reports