NOTICE OF DELIVERY SERVICE DELAYS
DC Health is experiencing delays in mail availability due to the impact of COVID-19 on the US postal service.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to process all mail in as timely a manner as possible.
REGARDING PAPER APPLICATIONS
Important Notice (select link):
ONLINE LICENSING APPLICATIONS
The District of Columbia Department of Health, Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is excited to announce the opening of our new online licensing system. Effective immediately, any healthcare provider who is interested in applying for a new health professional license, or to renew, reinstate, or reactivate an existing license, may do so by going to the below link and submitting an online application. All users are strongly encouraged to review the instructions prior to beginning the process.
PLEASE NOTE: June meeting of the Board of Dietetics and Nutrition has been cancelled.
COVID-19 Guidance and Best Practices
For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, including information on best practices, licensure waivers, and recommended guidelines, please go to coronavirus.dc.gov.
Due to ongoing efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19, effective immediately the Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is implementing a 100% telework policy, and will be available for mail services only.
Walk In Services
UPDATED: The Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) Processing Center will fully reopen its public service counter Monday through Friday starting on July 12, 2021, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
- Masks are required. Customers must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth before entering the building.
- Only the appointment holder and one additional guest will be allowed into the Processing Center.
- Appointment holders will be given a 15 minute grace period. If you arrive after the grace period, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment in consideration of other scheduled customers.
- If you cannot select highlighted days on the calendar, all appointments have been booked for this month. Please check the next month.
- If the calendar does not advance to the next month, there are no future appointments available at this time. Please check back later.
All HRLA related applications should be mailed to one of the lockboxes listed here. Individuals may also call the Processing Center at 1 (877) 672-2174 to get an update on their pending applications.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all Health Professional Board meetings are currently held virtually. Please check each board's respective website for information on when the next meeting will take place. If you are already in contact with a Health Licensing Specialist (HLS), please forward any documents to said HLS via email.
If you require assistance from the Board of Dietetics and Nutrition, please contact [email protected].
In response to COVID-19, DC Health has waived all licensure requirements for practitioners who are licensed in good standing in another jurisdiction. You can read more about the waiver process HERE.
The DC Board of Dietetics and Nutrition regulates the practice of dietetics and nutrition. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates applicants’ qualifications; recommends standards and procedures; issue licenses; receives and reviews complaints; request investigations, issues subpoena; and conducts hearings.
The Board is appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council. The Board consists of five DC residents; of which four shall be licensed dietitians or licensed nutritionists, and one consumer member who is not a dietitian or nutritionist.
The Board meets quarterly on the second Tuesday. Please note that meeting dates can change. In 2021, the Board plans to meet on the following dates:
- March 9, 2021
- June 8, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- December 14, 2021
Application Package Documents
- Dietetics and Nutrition Application Package
- Dietetics and Nutrition Online Renewal (CLOSED)
- Criminal Background Check
- Request for Official License Verification
- Reporting a Name and/or Address Change
- CEU Requirements for Dietitians and Nutritionists
- File a Complaint
- Disciplinary Action Taken (to come)
Board Information and Reports