PROCESSING CENTER Hours:
The Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) Processing Center is open to the public Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 am – 1 pm, and Wednesday, 9 am - 3:30 pm (except holidays).
The HRLA Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:15 am - 4:45 pm (except holidays).
DC HEALTH has become aware of a PHISHING PHONE SCAM
Please review Important Notices regarding
Important Notice regarding Paper Applications (select link):
DC Health No Longer Accepting Paper Applications (Beginning June 14, 2021)
The District of Columbia Department of Health, Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is excited to announce the opening of our new online licensing system. Effective immediately, any healthcare provider who is interested in applying for a new health professional license, or to renew, reinstate, or reactivate an existing license, may do so by going to the below link and submitting an online application. All users are strongly encouraged to review the instructions prior to beginning the process.
COVID-19 Guidance and Best Practices
For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, including information on best practices and recommended guidelines, please go to coronavirus.dc.gov.
If you require assistance from the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, please contact [email protected]. Individuals may also call the Processing Center at 1 (877) 672-2174 to get an update on their pending applications.
Please submit supplemental application documents to: DC Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, 899 North Capitol Street, NE, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20002 or to [email protected].
The DC Board of Marriage and Family Therapy regulates the practice of Marriage and Family Therapy in the District. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates qualifications, and recommends standards and procedures. Moreover, the Board issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues an annual report. Members must file personal financial disclosure statements.
The Board consists of five DC residents appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the council: four licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, and one consumer member. Members must have been in practice for at least three years preceding appointment. The consumer member must be at least 18 years old, not be a health professional or in training to become one, and may have no household members how is involved directly or indirectly in providing health care. The Mayor appoints the chairperson. Licenses expire on 12:00 midnight of December 31 of each even-numbered year.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board will have a hybrid schedule of in-person and virtual meetings. In-person meetings will be held at 899 North Capitol Street, NE 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20002. Information on how to access the public portion of the meeting virtually will be listed on the posted Open Session Meeting Agenda. The Board meets quarterly on the first Tuesday. Please note that meeting dates can change.
The Board of Marriage and Family Therapy meeting dates:
- December 6, 2022 (Virtual)
- March 7, 2023
- June 6, 2023 (In-person and Virtual)
- September 19, 2023
- Marriage and Family Therapy Application Documents
- Criminal Background Check
- Authorization to Release Information Form (Authorization for the Board to discuss details with a Third party)
Board Approved Supervisors
- Renewal User Guide (Closed)
- Online License Renewal (Closed)
- Authorization to Release Information Form
- Policy Statement on Clarification of Board Application Requirements
- Policy Statement on Identifying Public Health Issues for Continuing Education
- Policy Statement on Guidance on Applicants via Endorsement Licensed for Five Years or More - Waiver of Verification for Postgraduate Supervision Hours Form
- Telecounseling Statement [PDF]
- Modification of Face-to-Face Requirements in Client Contact, Supervision, and Continuing Education during the COVID-19 Health Emergency
- File a Complaint
- Disciplinary Action (to come)