DC Board of Medicine Guidelines/Position Statements are intended to aide a healthcare practitioner in the practice of their profession, the public when interacting with health care professionals, and Board staff when processing licenses, complaints or performing enforcement responsibilities. Guidance/Position statements are meant to assist in the administration or application of law or regulations.
Until the Board promulgates regulations for a policy or guideline, the statement or guideline is a directive in nature and not mandatory.
- CME Advisory Committee Guidelines [PDF]
- Model Policy on the use of Opioid Analgesics in the Treatment of Chronic Pain [PDF]
- Responding to Letters of Concern (LOC) from the Board
- Working with Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, and Transgender Patients [PDF]
- Non-ACGME Program Board Approval Requirements [PDF]
- Use of Internet by Non-Practicing Physicians to Obtain CME Credits [PDF]
- Physicians Duty To Satisfy a Disciplinary Order [PDF]
- Practice of Medicine Permitted In a Cosmetology Salon [PDF]
- Policy on the Practice of Aesthetic Medicine(medspa) [PDF]
- Policy Re-Entry to Active Practice (Revised) [PDF]
- Social Media Guidelines 2014 [PDF]
Department of Health Board of Medicine
Contact Suite #:
Monday through Friday 8:15 am – 4:45 pm