The Places of Worship Advisory Board (POWAB) in partnership with Valley Avenue is excited to announce the 6th Annual Community Day Health and Wellness Fair.
- Click HERE for the event flyer.
- Click HERE to register. Registration is free and required.
- Click HERE to go to the Places of Worship Advisory Board (POWAB) page
- Click HERE to view a list of organizations involved with the Annual Community Day Health and Wellness Day 2022
- Click HERE to register to volunteer. Volunteers will be given free perks and food.
This year's Community Day Health and Wellness Fair will provide community members with lots of FREE opportunities for food, friends, and fun, including:
• Free lunches to the first 700 DMV residents
• Free fruits and vegetables (while supplies last)
• Free school supplies, vaccinations, and dental exams for children
• Raffle for Free Washington Nationals, Wizard/Mystic tickets
• Therapy robot dogs for seniors
• Health education for individuals from the DC, Maryland, and Virginia (DMV)
Attendees are welcome to bring lawn chairs and grills to this event! The main stage will host as speakers DC Health's Clover Barnes, Rev. Carmi Washington-Flood from the Maryland Department of Health, Veronica Cosby from the Virginia Department of Health, and Councilmember Trayon White Sr. of Ward 8. It will also showcase entertainment from interfaith musical and dancing groups, including African Drumming of Imani Temple African American Catholic Congregation, songwriter and producer Robert E. Person, and Minister Tia LyDawn Singleton.
Special Feature: Let It Flow GoGo Band