The DC Department of Health Title V Block Grant addresses the health and wellbeing for the DC population of mothers, infants, and children (including children and youth with special healthcare needs. The federal Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB) provides funds though the Title V Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Block Grant to every state and territory in the nation to engage in ongoing monitoring and assessment such as:
- Trends in population characteristics
- Health status indicators
- Risk factors
- Health system attributes
- Availability and accessibility of quality services for MCH populations
NEW! DC Health is conducting a maternal & child health needs assessment! Respond to the short 3-question discovery survey to help us understand the needs of women, children and families in your community!
- Maternal & Child Health Needs Assessment Discovery Survey
- Encuesta de Descubrimiento de las Necesidades de Evaluación de Salud Materna e Infantil
What is a maternal and child health needs assessment?
As a part of the Title V Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Block Grant, every five years the Title V team in the Community Health Administration at DC Health completes a comprehensive needs assessment to better understand the current state of health and well-being of women, children, and families in the District of Columbia (DC). As part of the needs assessment, we also look at the capacity of our city and local systems to meet those needs.
- We are currently reviewing existing materials, reports, and data to answer the question, ‘What do we already know?’ However, we also recognize the information we already know does not represent all community needs and that things may have changed since information was last collected. For that reason, we are sending out a Discovery Survey.
What is a Discovery Survey?
- The Discovery Survey is being distributed to women, youth, parents, community members, and people who work with women and children across the state.
- The Discovery Survey is short (only three questions!) on purpose: our goal is to make sure we hear about all the needs of women, children and families in DC. Once we have heard back from you, we will compile a list of population needs. After that, we will do additional activities to help us narrow down the list to a set of citywide priorities.
We appreciate your help and we want to share the information we collect!
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].