DC WIC provides the support you need to keep your family healthy.
What is WIC?
WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC does not ask or keep information about visa status or citizenship. All responses are kept confidential.
WIC gives you resources, knowledge and tools keep you and your family happy, healthy and thriving. It’s free for moms, dads, grandparents, foster parents and all DC families who qualify. Whether you're pregnant, a new mom, or raising a child younger than 5, you can get the right personalized support for you and your family.
WIC offers the following benefits:
- Free, healthy food
- Breastfeeding resources and support
- Nutrition education
- Referrals to care beyond WIC
- Immunization assessment and screening
WIC also provides fresh and local fruits and vegetables (June – November) through the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP).
Who can participate in DC WIC?
To participate in DC WIC, you must:
- Live in DC
- Be pregnant or breastfeeding, a new mother, an infant, or a child up to age 5 years;
- Meet household income guidelines;
- Fill out the WIC Prescreening Tool to find out if you might be eligible for WIC.
DC WIC welcomes all parents and caregivers! If you are a dad, grandparent, foster parent or any caregiver of a child under 5 years of age, you may be eligible to get DC WIC for your child.
You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for the WIC program.
Learn More About WIC
DC WIC Clinic Sites
Where can I enroll in DC WIC?
There are currently four (4) health care providers that provide WIC services to DC residents:
- Unity Health Care. Ince
- Children's National Hospital
- Mary's Center for Maternal and Child Care
- Howard University Hospital
Each health care provider sponsors WIC clinic sites througout the city.
Find a WIC site near you: WIC Clinic Locations
Visit dcwic.org for more information about the DC WIC Program and how to enroll!
- How WIC Helps
- FNS/USDA Program Data for WIC from 1974 to 2018.
- Non-Discrimination Statement- English and Spanish
- Approved WIC Foods and Formulas
- WIC Sites and Approved WIC Food Stores and Pharmacies
- Medical Documentation Form [PDF]
- Breastfeeding Program
- Vendor Management Resources
- Farmer's Market Nutrition Program
- Produce Plus Program
- Nutrition and Physical Fitness Bureau