The District of Columbia Immunization Information System (DOCIIS) is an internet-based system that collects, stores, tracks and monitors immunization event information across the lifespan for residents and visitors to DC. DOCIIS provides access to real-time immunization data to a range of immunization stakeholders including health care providers, pharmacies, health care payers, and schools and licensed child development centers while ensuring compliance with privacy and confidentiality standards.
DOCIIS is the Immunization Program’s key tool for tracking individual- and population- level immunization data in DC. Health care providers use DOCIIS to check immunization history to ensure their patients receive recommended vaccines as prescribed, and schools and LCDCs use DOCIIS to track compliance with immunization laws and regulations (e.g. DC Law 3-20). In addition to centralizing immunization histories of DC residents and visitors, DOCIIS is also a key source of information for providers on the District’s immunization requirements and the national recommendations issued by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
How do I access DOCIIS to view immunization records?
To access DOCIIS to view records as user, please complete required training in the Learning Management System. Upon completion, a notification will be sent to the DOCIIS Help Desk and you will receive a login and password for view-only access.
- Registration for In-Person Training (temporarily unavailable)
- Register for online training: DC Health Immunization Program Online Training - Learning Management System
I have my user login. How do I access DOCIIS on the web?
- Access DOCIIS (Registry) - now with 2012 ACIP/AAP Recommendations
How do I report immunizations administered to DOCIIS (immunization registry)?
If you are submitting immunization records manually (e.g. paper vaccine administration record or immunization record), and are a Vaccine provider, school and LCDC staff, or an individual, please send Vaccine Administration Records (VARs) via the program’s Self Service Portal (SSP). To gain access to the SSP, contact the DOCIIS Help Desk at (202) 576-9301 or [email protected].
Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting
Healthcare facilities who administer vaccines may transmit immunization records electronically via their electronic medical records (EMR). Please complete the Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting Registration Form to initiate electronic reporting.
- EHR IT Teams - Download files (Use as way of downloading error reports)
Forgot your DOCIIS password?
DOCIIS Account Management (Need to Change Your DOCIIS Password?)
- Facility Compliance Listing - now with links to records
- Facility Compliance User Manual [PDF]
- Facility Enrollment Listing
- Doses Administered - Standard and Custom - now with links to records
- Doses Administered User Manual [PDF]
- VFC coCASA-AFIX Patient Listing
- VFC coCASA File Export
- VFC Profile Report
- VFC Profile Report User Manual [PDF]
DOCIIS Bulk Printing