Welcome to Faith in Action. A collaboration between Places of Worship Advisory Board (POWAB) and the health departments of DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
As a member of the faith community, you may be approached for advice, and when it comes to health issues, we want you to see Faith In Action as a valuable resource. This was created for YOU. We hope that this will help you to:
- find helpful health information to share with your community,
- locate local support on a variety of health matters, and
- learn more about health topics you’ve never thought about in the past.
We encourage you to reach out, get involved with Faith In Action, and click on areas that may interest you.
DMV Faith in Action Webinars:
- February 2, 2023 Heart-Healthy hiccups, Habits, Hobbies, and How-To's
- August 2022 Understanding Monkeypox
- June 2022 Opioids in the DMV
- April 2022 - Be the Change: Reset, Recharge, Renew
- February 2022 Teen Dating Violence Awarenss Month
- December 2022 Fostering Resilience During the Holiday Rush
- December 2021 Faith and Resilience - Managing the Holidays
- August 2021 National Faith HIV/AIDS Awareness - 40 Years Into the Epidemic
- June 2021 COVID 19 & Alzheimer's
- April 13, 2021 Topic: COVID Vaccines: Faith Leaders Making Informed Decisions
- February 9, 2021 Topic: DMV Faith in Action: Community Connections Webinar Series
- February 2021 DMV Faith in Action: Community Connections Webinar Series