- Resources for HAHSTA Medical Providers
CME/CEU Opportunities and Webinars
Trainings at HAHSTA -
Email Questions to the HAHSTA Trainings Coordinator.
HIV, Mental Health, and Substance Use Brief Intervention Workshop* 2-Day Skills-Building Workshop Washington DC
Registration closes January 11, 2019, at 6 pm (ET)
- Practice how to introduce and administer the SAMISS screening tool and deliver the results
- Describe symptom management strategies for clients presenting with specific mental health & substance use symptoms
- Apply a brief intervention model to facilitate linkage to care for clients with co-occurring disorders
Eligibility requirements: at least one year of experience working with populations with co-occurring disorders such as mental health conditions and substance use at their agencies, (i.e. case managers, HIV outreach, and prevention workers).
*There are no CEUs or continuing education credits offered for this course. Space is limited, so if you are interested in joining or sending representatives from your staff, please register using the link below:
If you have any questions, feel free to email Jenny Liu at [email protected]
Workshop objectives: Participants should recognize, know and/or understand:
1. The laws protecting individuals from civil liability associated with naloxone administration and the safe reporting overdoses law
2. The epidemiology of opioid overdoses in the District of Columbia
3. The basic profile of opioids
4. The pharmacology of Naloxone
5. The importance of contacting emergency medical services and the proper administration of Narcan
6. The care of an individual after the administration of naloxone
Currently, there are no CEUs offered for this workshop.Register for Traning Dates:
- January 29, 2019
- March 26, 2019
- May 21, 2019
Rapid HIV Testing: On-Line Training Course At your own pace, this training is approximately 3-5 hours. Be sure to check back for upcoming HIV Testing and Counseling Training dates. For more information, email [email protected].