- Resources for HAHSTA Medical Providers
CME/CEU Opportunities and Webinars
Trainings at HAHSTA -
Email Questions to the HAHSTA Trainings Coordinator.
HIV, Mental Health, and Substance Use Brief Intervention Workshop* 2-Day Skills-Building Workshop Washington DC
Registration closes January 11, 2019, at 6 pm (ET)
- Practice how to introduce and administer the SAMISS screening tool and deliver the results
- Describe symptom management strategies for clients presenting with specific mental health & substance use symptoms
- Apply a brief intervention model to facilitate linkage to care for clients with co-occurring disorders
Eligibility requirements: at least one year of experience working with populations with co-occurring disorders such as mental health conditions and substance use at their agencies, (i.e. case managers, HIV outreach, and prevention workers).
*There are no CEUs or continuing education credits offered for this course. Space is limited, so if you are interested in joining or sending representatives from your staff, please register using the link below:
If you have any questions, feel free to email Jenny Liu at [email protected]
Workshop objectives: Participants should recognize, know and/or understand:
The laws protecting individuals from civil liability associated with naloxone administration and the safe reporting overdoses law
The epidemiology of opioid overdoses in the District of Columbia
The basic profile of opioids
The pharmacology of Naloxone
The importance of contacting emergency medical services and the proper administration of Narcan
The care of an individual after the administration of naloxone
Currently, there are no CEUs offered for this workshop.
Register for available training dates:
- January 29, 2019
- ►March 26, 2019
- ►May 21, 2019
- ►July 23, 2019
- ►September 17, 2019
OraQuick Advance HIV-1/2 Rapid Test Workshop
Testing technology workshop will prepare participants to:
- be able to run OraQuick Advance external controls
- be able to collect an oral specimen and administer the OraQuick Advance HIV-1/2 Rapid test
- become familiar with the contents of the OraQuick Advance Product Inserts (PIs) for testing and controls
- learn what to do if there is a problem with testing and/or test kit controls
Workshops are approximately three (3) hours.
Please note: These courses will not cover counseling skills, HIV/AIDS information or HIV/AIDS education.
There are no CEUs offered for this workshop.
Please note: If the District of Columbia Government Department of Health is closed due to inclement weather or for any other reason the workshop will be rescheduled.
• ►February 6, 2019