PROCESSING CENTER Hours:
The Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) Processing Center is open to the public Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 am – 1 pm, and Wednesday, 9 am - 3:30 pm (except holidays).
The HRLA Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:15 am - 4:45 pm (except holidays).
DC HEALTH has become aware of a PHISHING PHONE SCAM
Please review Important Notices regarding
Important Notice regarding Paper Applications (select link):
DC Health No Longer Accepting Paper Applications (Beginning June 14, 2021)
The District of Columbia Department of Health, Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is excited to announce the opening of our new online licensing system. Effective immediately, any healthcare provider who is interested in applying for a new health professional license, or to renew, reinstate, or reactivate an existing license, may do so by going to the below link and submitting an online application. All users are strongly encouraged to review the instructions prior to beginning the process.
DC Health has implemented new mandates related to COVID-19. For more information, click on the following link(s):
COVID-19 Guidance and Best Practices
For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, including information on best practices and recommended guidelines, please go to coronavirus.dc.gov.
Please submit supplemental application documents to: DC Board of Massage Therapy, 899 North Capitol Street, NE, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20002 or to [email protected].
If you require assistance from the Board of Massage Therapy, please contact [email protected]. Individuals may also call the Processing Center at 1 (877) 672-2174 to get an update on their pending applications.
The Board of Massage Therapy regulates the practice of massage therapy, including licensing massage therapists. The Board advises the Mayor, evaluates applicants' qualifications, and recommends standards and procedures. The Board also issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues an annual report. Members must file personal financial disclosure statements. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor: four massage therapists licensed in the District and one consumer member. Licenses expire on January 31 of odd years.
- January 20, 2022
- March 17, 2022
- May 19, 2022
- July 21, 2022
- September 15, 2022
- Massage Therapy Application Documents
- Authorization to Release Information Form (Authorization for the Board to discuss details with a Third party)
- Criminal Background Check
- File a Complaint
- Disciplinary Actions Taken (to come)
- Policy Statement on Identifying Public Health Issues for Continuing Education
- Massage Therapy Continuing Education Policy
- 2020 Suspension of Live, Classroom-setting Requirement for Continuing Education and CPR Training during COVID-19
- 2016 Revised Policy Statement on Continuing Education, including acceptance or NCBTMB-approved CE providers and courses
- DC Municipal Regulations for Massage Therapy [PDF]
- Department of Health- Notice of Final Rulemaking - Requires massage therapists to obtain hands-on,massage-technique continuing education, complete CPR and first aid certification in person, and maintain valid CPR/first aid certification throughout the licensure period.