The Board of Massage Therapy regulates the practice of massage therapy, including licensing massage therapists. The Board advises the Mayor, evaluates applicants' qualifications, and recommends standards and procedures. The Board also issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues an annual report. Members must file personal financial disclosure statements. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor: four massage therapists licensed in the District and one consumer member. Licenses expire on January 31 of odd years.
- January 16, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- May 21, 2020
- July 16. 2020
- September 17, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- File a Complaint
- Disciplinary Actions Taken (to come)
- Policy Statement on Identifying Public Health Issues for Continuing Education
- Massage Therapy Continuing Education Policy
- 2016 Revised Policy Statement on Continuing Education, including acceptance or NCBTMB-approved CE providers and courses
- DC Municipal Regulations for Massage Therapy [PDF]
- Department of Health- Notice of Final Rulemaking - Requires massage therapists to obtain hands-on,massage-technique continuing education, complete CPR and first aid certification in person, and maintain valid CPR/first aid certification throughout the licensure period.