The Board of Massage Therapy regulates the practice of massage therapy, including licensing massage therapists. The Board advises the Mayor, evaluates applicants' qualifications, and recommends standards and procedures. The Board also issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues an annual report. Members must file personal financial disclosure statements. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor: four massage therapists licensed in the District and one consumer member. Licenses expire on January 31 of odd years.
May 17, 2018 Board Meeting is cancelled.
Board of Massage Therapy meeting schedule:
JANUARY 18, 2018
MARCH 15, 2018
JUNE 14, 2018
JULY 19, 2018
SEPTEMBER 20, 2018
NOVEMBER 22, 2018
Application Package Documents
- Massage Therapy Application Package
- Online License Renewal
- Paper License Renewal
- Criminal Background Check
- DC Municipal Regulations for Massage Therapy [PDF]
- Board Open Session Minutes [PDF]
- 2016 Revised Policy Statement on Continuing Education, including acceptance or NCBTMB-approved CE providers and courses
- Staff Directory
- File a Compliant
- Board Meeting Calendar
- Search for a License
- Department of Health- Notice of Final Rulemaking - Requires massage therapists to obtain hands-on,massage-technique continuing education, complete CPR and first aid certification in person, and maintain valid CPR/first aid certification throughout the licensure period.