ATTENTION: Due to ongoing development and testing, 2018 RENEWALS ARE BEING DELAYED to mid or late October. Once testing is complete and the renewals go live, an updated notice will be sent to the email addresses on file, as well as being posted on this website. The Board is working hard to ensure a smooth and efficient renewal process, and appreciates your patience and cooperation.
The Board of Massage Therapy regulates the practice of massage therapy, including licensing massage therapists. The Board advises the Mayor, evaluates applicants' qualifications, and recommends standards and procedures. The Board also issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues an annual report. Members must file personal financial disclosure statements. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor: four massage therapists licensed in the District and one consumer member. Licenses expire on January 31 of odd years.
- Massage Therapy Application Package
- Online License Renewal (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- Paper License Renewal (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- Criminal Background Check
- DC Municipal Regulations for Massage Therapy [PDF]
- Board Open Session Minutes [PDF]
- 2016 Revised Policy Statement on Continuing Education, including acceptance or NCBTMB-approved CE providers and courses
- Staff Directory
- File a Compliant
- Board Meeting Calendar
- Search for a License
- Department of Health- Notice of Final Rulemaking - Requires massage therapists to obtain hands-on,massage-technique continuing education, complete CPR and first aid certification in person, and maintain valid CPR/first aid certification throughout the licensure period.