The testing technology workshops will prepare participants to:
1. be able to run external controls
2. be able to collect a fingerstick blood specimen or an oral specimen for HIV-1/2 rapid tests
3. be able to conduct the rapid test
4. become familiar with the contents of the rapid test Product Inserts (PIs) for testing and running controls
5. learn what to do if there is a problem with testing and/or test kit controls.
Please note: These courses will not cover counseling skills, HIV/AIDS information or HIV/AIDS education.
These courses are intended for employees, interns, and volunteers of agencies that are funded by HAHSTA and/or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other organizations that provide HIV Counseling, Testing, & Referral or Linkage Services (CTR), and staff of the Department of Health and the Government of the District of Columbia only.