What is Produce Plus?
Produce Plus supports both DC residents and local farmers by:
- Providing locally grown, fresh fruits and vegetables to DC residents with limited access to fresh, healthy food.
- Increasing income for local farmers, many of whom are first generation and BIPOC farmers.
How does Produce Plus work?
From early June through the end of November, participants get $40 per month to spend on fresh fruits, vegetables, and cut herbs at participating farmers’ markets and farm stands throughout Washington, D.C. that accept the Produce benefits card.
How do I enroll in Produce Plus?
You can enroll in Produce Plus online or over the phone.
- To sign up online please click here to complete an application: Sign Up for Produce Plus – FRESHFARM
- To sign up over the phone please call (202) 888-4834
Please note, submission of this form does not mean you will automatically be enrolled in the program. After you complete the enrollment form, FRESHFARM will follow up with next steps.
I was accepted into the Produce Plus Program, what do I do next?
In order to start using your Produce Plus benefits, you will need to pick up your Produce benefits card.
- Please visit any of the following locations to pick-up your card: Produce Plus Card Distribution Events – FRESHFARM
Where can I use my Produce Plus Card?
You can use your Produce Plus card at any of the following locations: Produce Plus Locations
For more information, please visit the Produce Plus website here: Produce Plus – FRESHFARM or call the Produce Plus Hotline at (202) 888-4834 Monday – Friday 9am – 3pm.
How do I check my Produce benefits card balance?
You can check your Produce Plus benefits card balance at any time. Here’s what to do:
- Go to the balance checker website.
- Type in your Last Name and your Produce Plus Loyalty Number (12 digits; starts with “FR191-” on the back of your card).
- Click the “Check” button.
- Now you may review your current Produce Plus benefits card balance!
You can also contact FRESHFARM at [email protected] or call/text (202) 888-4834 to sign up to receive text message receipts.
Who runs this program?
Produce Plus is funded by DC Health, and the day-to-day program is operated by FRESHFARM.
Please see below for additional contact information: