Who should get tested for Hepatitis?
- If you are or ever have been, sexually active
- If you were born in Asia or have a parent born in Asia
- If you were born in Africa or have a parent born in Africa
- If you have immigrated to the United States from an area where hepatitis is prevalent
- If you are pregnant
- If you live with someone with hepatitis
- If you were born from 1945 through 1965
- If you are a current or former injection drug user, even if you injected only one time or many years ago.
- If you were treated for a blood clotting problem before 1987.
- If you received a blood transfusion or organ transplant before July 1992.
- If you are on long-term hemodialysis treatment.
- If you have abnormal liver tests or liver disease.
- If you work in health care or public safety and were exposed to blood through a needle-stick or other sharp object injury.
- If you are infected with HIV.
Talk to your doctor to see how you can prevent Hepatitis and protect your health.
If you don't have a health care provider you can visit the location listed below.