Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


DC Health

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Mobile Food Vending

Mobile Vending Application Submission  

  • Please ensure all required attachments are submitted with your online application. Only complete online applications will be accepted.   

Before submitting your vending application to DC Health, you may need to do the following:

  1. If you intend to have a trading name, register your trade name with the Corporate Registration Division at the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA)

1100 4th St. SW
Washington, D.C. 20024
(202) 442-4432

  1. If you have not already done so, you must obtain your Clean Hands Certificate and Tax Registration from the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR)

1101 4th St. SW
Washington, D.C, 20024
(202) 727-4829

  1. If you are using propane on your mobile vending unit, make sure you comply with the requirements by contacting the Fire Protection Division

1100 4th St. SW #700
Washington, D.C. 20024

Documents & Information

All mobile food vendors must comply with the following regulations:

· Title 25-A of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations including but not limited to:

  • DC Health Chapter 25: Mobile Water Tank and Mobile Food Establishment Water Tank
  • DC Health Chapter 26: Sewage, Other Liquid Waste, and Rain Water, and
  • DC Health Chapter 37: Mobile Structures & Temporary Stands 

· Title 24 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations:

  • DCRA Chapter 5: Vendors & Solicitors

 (To access the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) website, click here.)

QUESTIONS?  If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an email to [email protected] .


Updated March 2023