The primary responsibility of your disease management plan is with your treating physicians and you should only follow your treating physician’s advice. DO NOT change or modify your disease management plan on your own without consulting your treating physician.
- Aging with HIV
- Frequently asked questions about Nutrition, Exercise, and Supplements
- Regular Exercise gives people with HIV a Boost!
- 10 ways to SURVIVE and THRIVE with HIV
Flu Shots and Vaccinations
Ask your healthcare provider if you are up to date on any vaccinations. People with HIV are considered to be at increased risk and are strongly advised to get a flu shot.
HIV/AIDS-Related Health Problems
- The DC AIDS Drug Assistance Program (DC ADAP)
- Side Effects and Other Health Problems
- Diarrhea and HIV
- HIV and Opportunistic Infections
- HIV and HPV
Smoking and HIV
- HIV Patients in Care Lose More Years of Life to Smoking than to HIV Infection
- Smoking is more lethal than HIV (A recent study highlights the dangers for people who are HIV+ that smoke.)
- DC Tobacco Free Families - If you are a DC resident you may qualify for free nicotine patches, lozenges, as well as other resources designed to help you quit smoking.
- Brian's Story [English]
- La historia de Brian [En Español]