Resources for HAHSTA Medical Providers
CME/CEU Opportunities and Webinars
Trainings at HAHSTA
CLEAR Classroom Training
(Choosing Life: Empowerment, Action, Results!)
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
Evidence-based HIV prevention and health promotion intervention with people ages 16 and older, living with HIV/AIDS or at high-risk for HIV infection. CLEAR is a client-centered program delivered one-on-one using cognitive-behavioral techniques to change behavior. It provides clients with the skills necessary to live their best life and to be able to make healthy choices.
More Information and Registration
Workshops are approximately 2.5 hours: 9:00 AM – 11:30AM
Please note: These courses will not cover counseling skills, HIV/AIDS information or HIV/AIDS education.
Deember 4, 2019; Registration for this workshop is now closed.
Workshop objectives: Participants should recognize, know and/or understand:
The epidemiology of opioid overdoses in the District of Columbia
• The basic profile of opioids
• The pharmacology of Naloxone
• The importance of contacting emergency medical services and the proper administration of Narcan
• The laws protecting individuals from civil liability associated with naloxone administration and the safe reporting overdoses law
• The care of an individual after the administration of naloxone
Currently, there are no CEUs offered for this workshop.
Register for available training dates:
- ►January 28, 2020
- ►March 24, 2020
- ►May 19, 2020
Can't Make Those Dates for Narcan Training?
Email Questions to the HAHSTA Trainings Coordinator.
OraQuick Advance HIV-1/2 Rapid Test Workshop
- learn what to do if there is a problem with testing and/or test kit controlsWorkshops are approximately three (3) hours.
- Please note: These courses will not cover counseling skills, HIV/AIDS information or HIV/AIDS education.
- become familiar with the contents of the OraQuick Advance Product Inserts (PIs) for testing and controls
- be able to collect an oral specimen and administer the OraQuick Advance HIV-1/2 Rapid test
- be able to run OraQuick Advance external controls
Classes are full at this time. Please feel free to contact [email protected] for more information or to ask to be put on a waitlist.
Please note: If the District of Columbia Government Department of Health is closed due to inclement weather or for any other reason the workshop will be rescheduled. There are no CEUs offered for this workshop.