The District of Columbia Department of Health, Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is excited to announce the opening of our new online licensing system. Effective immediately, any healthcare provider who is interested in applying for a new health professional license, or to renew, reinstate, or reactivate an existing license, may do so by going to the below link and submitting an online application. All users are strongly encouraged to review the instructions prior to beginning the process.
The applications package for the Board of Recreation Therapy must include all documents listed in the chart below. The Board reviews each application package and determines an applicant's eligibility for a license. There are two different types of forms: online application forms and printable forms. Please follow the instructions for each and include all forms in the application package in hard copy format.
- Online Application: At this time, only the application form may be filled out online. However, the form cannot be submitted electronically; you must include a printed version with the other items listed in the chart to complete the application package. Fill in the information online, print the form, sign it, and mail it with the rest of your items.
- Printable Forms: Print the form, fill it out, sign it, and include it with the application package.
Specific instructions are provided within each form below.
- Application Check List [PDF]
- Online License Renewal (CLOSED)
- DC Municipal Regulations for Recreation Therapy [PDF]
- Criminal Background Check