The District of Columbia Immunization Information System (DOCIIS) is an internet-based system that collects, stores, tracks and monitors immunization event information for residents and visitors to DC across the lifespan. DOCIIS provides access to real-time immunization data to a range of immunization stakeholders including: health care providers, pharmacies, health care payers, schools and licensed child development centers while ensuring compliance with privacy and confidentiality standards.
DOCIIS is the Immunization Program’s key tool for tracking individual- and population- level immunization coverage and needs in DC. Health care providers use DOCIIS to check immunization history to ensure their patients receive needed vaccines as prescribed, and schools and LCDCs use DOCIIS to track compliance with immunization laws and regulations (e.g. DC Law 3-20). In addition to centralizing immunization histories of DC residents and visitors, DOCIIS is also a key source of information for providers on the District’s immunization requirements and the national recommendations issued by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
How do I report immunizations to DOCIIS (immunization registry)?
Vaccine providers, school and LCDC staff, and individuals can submit records into DOCIIS. Providers may transmit immunization records electronically via their electronic medical records (EMR) or by sending Vaccine Administration Records (VARs) via the Program’s Self Service Portal. The first step in the process is to complete the Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting Registration Form.
For additional information, contact DOCIIS Help Desk at (202) 576-9301 or [email protected].
- Access DOCIIS (Registry) - now with 2012 ACIP/AAP Recommendations
- EHR IT Teams - Download files (Use as way of downloading error reports)
- Registration for In-Person Training
- DOH Immunization Program Online Training - Learning Management System
Forgot your DOCIIS password?
DOCIIS Account Management (Need to Change Your DOCIIS Password?)
- Facility Compliance Listing - now with links to records
- Facility Compliance User Manual [PDF]
- Facility Enrollment Listing
- Doses Administered - Standard and Custom - now with links to records
- Doses Administered User Manual [PDF]
- VFC coCASA-AFIX Patient Listing
- VFC coCASA File Export
DOCIIS Bulk Printing
- District of Columbia Immunization Information System (DOCIIS) Release of Information Form [PDF]
- DOCIIS View-Only Instructions [PDF]
- DOCIIS Data-Entry Instructions [PDF]
- DOCIIS Quick Guide [PDF]
- DOCIIS Quick Tips [PDF]