The Pharmaceutical Control Division ensures that the pharmaceutical products and services available for consumption and use are safe for their intended purposes.
Pharmaceutical Control Division has the regulatory responsibility that involves annual licensure inspections, surveillance and the monitoring of activities in establishments that procure, distribute, dispense and manage prescribed/prescription products for sale or use to consumers in the District of Columbia. Regulated facilities include; pharmacies, hospitals, substances abuse treatment programs, researchers, local wholesalers, distributors, long term care facilities, animal clinics, dialysis centers and ambulatory surgical centers.
Pharmaceutical Control Division enforces all District and federal pharmacy laws and regulations (pharmacy, controlled substances, prescription substitution, drug purity, and drug distribution and manufacturing laws and accompanying regulations, etc).
Pharmaceutical Control Division serves as a liaison between District Government and Federal Agencies, (i.e. Food and Drug Administration, Drug Enforcement Administration, Health and Human Services, the Consumer Protection Agency, etc), involving regulatory control matters.
Pharmaceutical Control Division conducts investigations and provides consultation to all facilities and programs that provide pharmaceutical products and services to District of Columbia residents.
All complaints concerning the dispensing, prescribing, manufacturing, distribution, and wholesaling of drugs are investigated by Pharmaceutical Control. To file a complaint, call (202) 724-4900 or complete the form below.
For more information, contact Pharmaceutical Control at (202) 724-4900.
- Pharmacy Licensure (Link to the Pharmacy Licensure page)
- DC Controlled Substance Registration (Link to the Controlled Substance Registration home page)
- Drug Manufacturer and Distribution Licensure (Link to the Drug Manufacturer and Distribution page)
- Hearing Aid Dealers (Link to the Hearing Aid Dealers Page)
- List of Licensed DC Pharmacies [PDF]
- Medical Marijuana Program (Link to the Medical Marijuana page)
- Policy Statements (Link to the Policy Statements page)
- Laws and Regulations (Link to the Laws and Regulations page)
- Pharmacy Inspection Form [PDF]
- Pharmacy Inspection Fine Schedule [PDF]
- Prescription Drug Marketing Costs - Access RX (Link to the Access Rx page)
- Staff Directory (Link to the Staff Directory page)