In accordance with the District of Columbia's Food Code, § 203 of Title 25-A of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations, the Division of Food will accept a national food manager certificate for a period of three (3) years from the date of the exam from one of the following food safety testing organizations:
National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
National Restaurant Association (NRAS)
Above Training, Inc./StateFoodSafety.com
The Always Food Safe Company, LLC
- To obtain a DC Health-issued Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) Card, you must submit an online application, provide your national certificate from passing the final certification exam and $35 payment. ID cards are valid for three (3) years from the date of the exam.
- To obtain a replacement DC Health-issued CFPM Card, you must submit an online application and $15 payment. Replacement or duplicate ID cards will be issued with the current expiration date.
To create an account you must:
- Select Certified Employee Identification Card Application (CEID) from the menu
- Enter the requested information
- Upload a copy of your passing test certificate
- Enter payment information
Once processed, your DC Health-issued CFPM Card will be sent to you via email.
The Division of Food Safety Portal is now open! Please click here
Please read carefully and feel free to contact the Division at [email protected] if you have any further questions.