National HIV Testing Day (NHTD) is observed annually on June 27. On this day, we unite with partners, health departments, and other organizations to raise awareness about the importance of HIV testing and early diagnosis of HIV.
- More Information
- Take Control of Your Health
Free, At-Home HIV and STD Test Kits for DC Residents.
- DC ENDS HIV
- Do You Know Your Status?
Friday, June 25
11am - 6pm
Safeway; 2845 Alabama Avenue, SE, Washigton, DC
FREE HIV Testing, PrEP and PEP Services
- PG County Block Party
Saturday, June 26, 2021
1pm - 6pm
8240 Professional PlaceThis event will be focused on the LGBTQ+ communities of color, this event will be free for all participants. The event will consist of Outdoor Field Games and Activities, Music, Food, Entertainment, Kink Demonstrations, etc. The Us Helping Us PrEP navigator will be on-site providing referrals to clients interested in PrEP information and navigation as well as referrals to HIV/STI testing, and linkage to care.
Hyattsville, MD 20785
Sponsored by Us Helping Us, People Into Living
- Pride in the Plaza
Sunday, June 27, 2021
1pm - 8pm
1 Veterans Plaza
Silver Spring, MD 20910
LGBTQ+ and HIV Resource Fair | Mini-Ball | Art | Food | HIV Testing | Giveaways
In honor of Pride Month & National HIV Testing Day, the County’s HIV/STI Program, part of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) will host Pride in the Plaza, an outdoor LGBTQ health & wellness community resource fair on Sunday, June 27 from 1 to 8 p.m.
Pride in the Plaza will open with a pride flag raising ceremony and will showcase a diverse cross-section of local non-profit organizations and artists tabling to share information about their services for Montgomery County’s LGBTQ communities. Music, dancing, and other interactive activities will take place and free, on-site HIV testing and prevention education will be available throughout the event.
Activities will conclude with an evening (5 to 8pm) “Mini-Ball” voguing competition with cash prizes, in partnership with Speak Out & Capitol Ballroom Council.
Veterans Plaza is located at 1 Veterans Plaza in downtown Silver Spring. Free parking is available in the Ellsworth Drive parking garage adjacent to the plaza.
- LinkU: HIV/STD Testing, Health, food, housing, and more resources, anywhere.
- Sexual + Being: DC’s one-stop resource for sexual health and wellness.
- Sex Is…: Accurate information and resources about sex and sexual health for young people and the adults they trust.
- Bienestar DC: Para el cuidado de salud general y sexual de la comunidad Latina que vive en DC.
- DC Health and Wellness Center: HIV and STD testing and treatment, PrEP/PEP services, assistance with benefits, and linkage of referrals to other services.