The Board of Professional Counseling certifies addiction counselors in the District of Columbia. Addiction counselors assist individuals with substance abuse problems and individuals who deal with substance abusers. Counselors may provide addiction information to the public. The Director certifies applicants that have obtained an associate or bachelors degree in a health or human services related field; have the required number of supervised experience hours in the addiction field; and have successfully passed the required examinations.
- Addiction Counselors Application Package - Examination and Endorsement
- Outline of CAC Applications and Required Documentation [PDF]
- Online License Renewal (CLOSED)
Other Important Information
- Search for a Health Professional (Licenses Renewed after November 1, 2018)
- Search for a Health Professional (All Other Licenses)