NOTICE OF DELIVERY SERVICE DELAYS
DC Health is experiencing delays in mail availability due to the impact of COVID-19 on the US postal service.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to process all mail in as timely a manner as possible.
DC Health’s online licensing system is now LIVE.
The District of Columbia Department of Health, Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is excited to announce the opening of our new online licensing system. Effective immediately, any healthcare provider who is interested in applying for a new health professional license, or to renew, reinstate, or reactivate an existing license, may do so by going to the below link and submitting an online application. All users are strongly encouraged to review the instructions prior to beginning the process.
DC Health has implemented new mandates related to COVID-19. For more information, click on the following link(s):
- Please Note Update: REVISED Waiver of Licensure Requirements (Administrative Order No. 2020-02)
- The 60-day grace period for the Licensure Waiver ends September 23, 2021.
COVID-19 Guidances and Best Practices
For the most up to date information on the District's response to COVID-19, including information on best practices, licensure waivers, and recommended guidelines, go to coronavirus.dc.gov .
Due to ongoing efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19, effective immediately, the Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) is implementing a 100% telework policy and will be available for mail services only.
Walk In Services
UPDATED: The Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA) Processing Center will fully reopen its public service counter Monday through Friday starting on July 12, 2021, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. Individuals may also call the Processing Center at 1 (877) 672-2174 to get an update on their pending application.In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all Health
Professional Board meetings are currently held virtually. Please check each board's respective website for information on when the next meeting will take place.If you are already in contact with a Health Licensing Specialist (HLS), please forward any documents to said HLS via email.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all Health Professional Board meetings are being held virtually. Please check each board's respective website for information on when the next meeting will take place and how to participate virtually.
- Licensing Boards
- License Applications
- Online License Renewal
- Check Application Status (Under Construction)
- Update License Information
- General Online Professional License Search
- Renewal Only Online Professional License Search (Check here only to see if a license has been renewed.)
- Online Controlled Substance Registration Search
- License Verification Request Form
- Health Professional Profile Search
- Criminal Background Check
- Health Occupations Revision Act (HORA)
Emergency Medical Services Training and Certification
- EMS Provider Certification
- Educational Institution Certification Requirements
- Course and Curriculum Approval