DC Health College Student Internship Program (DOHCSIP) is designed to create internship experiences that relate to departmental needs and is closely aligned with students’ abilities, professional goals, and areas of interest.
The DOHCSIP enhances the educational aspects of the career development process; provides a system of accountability, and encourages professionalism. The program provides an opportunity for students to develop positive work habits to test their aptitude for, or interest in a selected field. Students can gain academic credit for their work experience; relate coursework to on-the-job experiences and work with professionals in their career field. DC Health College Student Internship Program applicants must be US Citizens or have Legal Non-Citizen Resident Status.
The District of Columbia Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.
To participate in the College Student Internship Program (CSIP):
Undergraduate Students must:
- Be enrolled at least one semester or quarter prior to the submission of the application;
- Be currently enrolled and in good standing at an accredited college, university, trade/vocational school, or business school that offers a degree, diploma, or certificate at the time your application is submitted;
- Maintain a "C" average or above under the system of grading used by the institution; official school documentation is requested.
College Seniors must:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program beginning in the fall;
- Provide proof of enrollment (letter of acceptance) if accepted into this program;
- Provide evidence each semester that he or she is currently enrolled in and attending a college, university, trade/vocational school, or business school.
Graduate Students must:
- Maintain a "B" average or above under the system of grading used by the institution;
- Provide evidence that he or she is currently enrolled in and attending a college, university, trade/vocational school, or business school; official school documentation is requested.
Select Internship Program Application to apply for a DOH College Internship.