Assisted Living Residence Regulatory (ALR) Act of 2000 became effective on June 24, 2000. The act was implemented August 17, 2007. The Community Residence Facilities Branch, Child and Residential Care Facilities Division, Health Regulation Administration (CRF/CRCFD/HRA) regulates the operation of the ALR. The overall philosophy of the ALR is to focus on the residents' quality of life and to enhance their ability to age in place in a home-like setting with the expectation that all areas of their needs will be met.
Individuals or businesses interested in operating an ALR must submit a completed application package to the CRF Branch for reviewing, processing, and scheduling of surveys for ultimate licensure.
- Procedures to Obtain a License [PDF]
- Assisted Living Residence Application Package
- Renewal Application Instructions [PDF]
- Survey Reports
- Assisted Living Facilities Business Directory [PDF]
- Incident Report Form
- Provider Alert Regarding Contracts with Nurse Staffing Agencies
Monday to Friday 8:15 am to 4:45 pm