The Health Professional Loan Repayment Program has two cycle openings this Fiscal Year during the months of September and April. Click HERE to receive email alerts regarding application cycles for the Health Professional Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP).
HPLRP Bulletin Cycle 1 (October 2020) ★NEW★
- HPLRP Application Section I - Applicant Profile [PDF]★NEW★
- HPLRP Application Section II - Applicant Recommendation
- HPLRP Application Section III - Loan Information [PDF]
The District’s Health Professional Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) provides loan repayment to eligible health professionals practicing full-time at HPLRP-certified sites in health professional shortage and medically underserved areas (HPSAs and MUAs) in DC. The HPLRP assists certified sites to recruit and retain providers by providing loan repayment up to $151,841.29 over four years for physicians and dentists and $83,510.61 for all other eligible providers.
Licensed and Certified:
- Physicians (MD, DO)
- Dentists (DDS)
Other licensed and credentialed medical professionals including:
- Dental hygienists
- Registered nurses
- Advanced practice nurses
- Physician assistants
Licensed and credentialed mental health providers including:
- Clinical social workers
- Clinical psychologists
- Professional counselors
Providers must be already employed or have a signed employment contract with an HPLRP-certified site at the time of application.
Both participants and sites must complete applications to participate in the HPLRP. Applications for sites are accepted on a rolling basis. Sites must recertify for the Program every two years.Provider applications are accepted during two application cycles: one in the early fall and one in the early spring. The application review process takes approximately 60 days, and awards are made based on program requirements and availability of funds.
Please see the DC Health Professional Loan Repayment Program Guidelines for more information on provider and site eligibility.
- Original Legislation [PDF]
- Amended Legislation [PDF]
- Certified Site Listing [PDF]
- DC Health Professional Loan Repayment Program Guidelines [PDF] ★NEW★
Information for Sites
- Site Application [PDF]★NEW★
- Site Renewal Application [PDF]
Information for Current Participants
- DOH W-9 [PDF]
- Mid-Year Service Verification Form [PDF]
- End-of-Year Service Verification Form [PDF]