About the Program
The District of Columbia Department of Health (DC Health) Hearing Aid Assistance Program (HAAP) provides District residents with a household income of less than $100,000 a year with a reimbursement to offset the cost of purchasing a hearing aid.
Residents that purchase/purchased a hearing aid between June 1, 2018 and September 15, 2021 can qualify to receive a reimbursement. A reimbursement of up to $500 per applicant is available depending on the out-of-pocket cost and funding availability.
To qualify for a reimbursement, the applicant must be a District resident and meet one or more of the following requirements:
- 0- 14 years of age;
- 65 years of age or older;
- Have a disability;
- Have an annual gross household income of less than $100,000.
To receive a reimbursement, the applicant must complete the District of Columbia’s HAAP application in its entirety. The application must be accompanied by the following required documentation:
- Proof of District residency;
- Proof of income;
- Proof of hearing aid purchase; and
- Verification of hearing impairment from a doctor.
How to Apply
To apply for a reimbursement:
- Click here to complete an online application.
- Click here to download and print an application to complete and return.
- Call (202) 656‐3027 or email [email protected] to request a paper application.